Sunday, December 9, 2012

Official Blog Predictions

AL North
Should be one of the top divisions in ML again.  It's hard to pick against Toronto with their big off-season moves, but I'm going with a small upset here:  CHICAGO WHITE SOX

AL  East
I expect this division to tighten up, with all 4 teams finishing within 8 or 10 games.  Baltimore, coming on, Cleveland's improving, but one of the old guard has enough to hang on:  BOSTON RED SOX

AL South
The Sounds are turning heads with their hot start, but Enrique Vazquez will not finish the season with a 0.36 ERA.  They might contend, but in the end it will be:  TAMPA BAY RAYS

AL West
Landslide for  SEATTLE MARINERS


AL Wild Cards
I think there are 7 contenders here - maybe we'll have an exciting finish.  At #5 - TORONTO BLUE JAYS.  At #6, Minnesota may well find a way, but I don't trust their lineup.  I'm going with the upset special here.  At #6 - NASHVILLE SOUNDS.

Going to the WS from the AL - SEATTLE MARINERS

NL North
3-way tie among Cubs, Expos, Reds?  Could be a fun race.  I don't trust the Cubs' pitching or the Reds' hitting.  Worst-to-first MONTREAL EXPOS

NL East
4 teams with 85+ wins?  Nats need to catch fire but they will.  I'm going to risk jinxing myself and say the Pirates have enough to get by the Mets this year: PITTSBURGH PIRATES

NL South
shakazulu, on the other hand, has been doing his best to reverse-jinx by bad-mouthing his team.  No dice.  Cards are not as good as last year, Marlins and Astros will be better but not quite there.  ATLANTA BRAVES

NL West
The Dodgers have become very good, especially if they can keep Redondo healthy.  But I think the Padres are a little better.  SAN DIEGO PADRES
NL Wild CardsConventional wisdom says whoever loses the Mets/Pirarts NL East fracs will be the #5, but conventional wisdom is often wrong.  I'm looking ofr a big year from the Dodgers.  At #5 - LOS ANGELES DODGERS.  At #6 - NEW YORK METS

Going to the WS from the NL - SAN DIEGO PADRES

No comments: