Monday, November 14, 2016

New Owner Intro - z0601

z0601 joined us lat year and did a great job with the Season 35 Mets.  Here's his belated intro to Major Leagues:

Who am I?

I am a 38 year old Multi Media Manager living in Asheville, NC. I have a 4 year old son who loves baseball and a 1 year old daughter. I have always been a sports fan with Football and Hockey being my favorites. Started playing WIS back in 2006 playing SimLeague basketball before moving to HD and HBD. I enjoy playing fantasy sports, mostly football of course; and consider myself a bourbon connoisseur with over 100 bottles in my collection.

Cubs or Indians? Why?

To be honest, Baseball is my least favorite of all sports but I really enjoy playing HBD. Since my son loves baseball so much, it is starting to grow on me. I was pulling for the Cubs for no other reason than we love Chicago and we are big Blackhawks fans.

Best and Worst HBD moment?

Lots to choose from here. I would say my best was my very first season playing HBD. Took over a team that was good but couldn't get over the top. Lost in Game 7 of the WS and it was all down hill from there. Worst moment was having to leave world NCAA because I couldn't meet the win requirements. 

Stratagem that didn't work?

When I first started HBD, I wanted to pick a park that was a good fit for the players I had. So if I only had average hitters, a hitters park would "boost" their numbers and help our offense. Failed to realize or think that it would also help the other teams that had much better players than I did and we stunk and I almost quit HBD because of this.

No comments: